Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kitchen!!

So the idea of installing the perfectly good stove has been placed in my head by my mother. Since my dad is doing all the work, I feel that it is unfair to pressure him into doing any one thing. I mean we did share what the kitchen facilities looked like before, but I have the electric skillet, everything was OK. Apparently, mom nagged dad enough that he finally gave in. He cut out the old stove, counter top and all (we are not planning to remove the existing counter anytime soon) and we ran into problem #1.


You see the existing range was a gas range and this is the gas line protruding 6" out of the wall. The new electric stove will not fit into this space with the gas line sticking out. Dad looks at me and says, "I don't do gas. You're going to have to call someone to do this." I call someone, they come out for 5 minutes & cut this line down. Another $55. Sigh.

Problem #2:

The electrical to support the oven does not exist. We had to buy the 6-3 wire and wire it into the fuse box. And by we, I mean my dad and Bob. Dad did most of the work, Bob pitched in here and there. The results are marvelous, and have encouraged me to make some appliance changes in the kitchen.




See how pretty it all is together? Yes. That is a double oven that you see! Some of the classics are still around:
  • Picture of dad with incredible amount of food on the microwave
  • Orsi's Olive Oil
  • Cereal Dispenser from work
  • Tea kettle
Things that don't work yet:
  • Dishwasher. Yeah it's dirty, but apparently it also sucks!
  • The water dispenser in the fridge
  • The window on the right hand side
  • The lazy susan
Things that are still incredibly disgusting:


The exhaust hood fan used without a grease filter for YEARS!. It's only vented to somewhere in the attic, so it's really not that useful anyway.

No comments: