Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Appliances

 


The one room I had a clear vision of what I wanted in was the kitchen. Specifically, I knew I wanted the Viking suite of appliances, more specifically the 60" range with the full size double ovens underneath. Year ago when I was still dreaming of the kitchen, the stove was going to be this awesome pumpkin color (yes a beautiful orange). However, once we were actually ready to pull the trigger on the actual stove, they only had a more muted orange, cinnamon, available, so we went for stainless. (Some are probably breathing a sigh of relief). It took 4 people to move this sucker into the house, and once in place, I posted a gazillion pictures of her on Facebook. Here's the stock photo:

 

And she's just as gorgeous in person. We also got a Viking fridge. Well, it's branded Viking, but actually Whirlpool. Viking had a bunch of built in models, but we really didn't have the wall space for it, and this seemed to do the job just fine. There's a water dispenser on the inside, and way more space than our old side by side. Again just a plain stock photo below.
http://media.merchantcircle.com/492332/Viking%20Refrigerator_full.jpeg
And because we lacked the wall space, we decided to get a drawer microwave for the island. Again this is branded Viking, but actually a Sharp. The sales guy really tried to convince us to get the steam oven microwave combo. He wasn't sure that this would be enough for us.  Finally, I looked at him and said, "I just ordered a 60" range to cook on, what do you think I'd actually use the microwave for outside of heating up food?"  There are a lot of so so reviews on drawer microwaves, and we haven't used it enough to give our full review. So once again, the stock photo.
 
 And finally, the dishwasher. Certified by the company I work for, I knew exactly which one I wanted. It took us a while to figure out the rinse aid ratio, but now it works like a dream.

So there it is, the basis of our kitchen. I think outside the range, we're within a normal amount of ridiculousness, right?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I probably used the micro more than you when we visited! Love the fun aspect of it with the auto door!