Sunday, December 27, 2009

Deck the Halls

I vowed that would not get a Christmas tree until we owned our own place. This year we have our own place and have plenty of space for a tree. Those ornaments we got as gifts through the years, finally have a place to be hung. There was lots of buzz, cooking, baking and family. All in all - a good thing.





Baked Goods:







The tree and fixin's:

 

The Reason for the season (lunch box nativity scene):

 

The story of Bob's Christmas Gift 

Since Bob and I have been together, my mother manages to take every gift idea I have for Bob, and one up me. This is typically not a problem because we benefit by ending up with a nicer thing. This Christmas Maria did not let me down. I bought Bob a U of M Snuggie. This was the perfect gift. Bob is always cold and he doesn't own any Michigan apparel. I excitedly special ordered my purchase and waited for Christmas to arrive. I made no mention of this to Maria (my mom). I was on the phone with her a week before Christmas and asked, "So what did you get Bob?" She replies, "Vell you know Orsika, since Bob is alvays so cold, I got him blanket for couch. It vraps around like robe." Her blanket was indeed leaps and bounds beyond mine. it had zippers, clasps, fuzzy insides. So once again, Maria outdid me.

U of M Snuggie:


Maria Snuggie a like (Doesn't it look like something the pope or Kevin would wear?):

 
 
We hope your holidays were relaxing and filled with warm moments! To 2010 and beyond!

1 comment:

StaySea said...

The snuggie on steroids looks very comfy...kind of like a wearable sleeping bag. :o) I wish I could find one of these here in Taiwan for Dane.