Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Plywood Palace, Siding, Phase 1

We've been busy at the Pitt. We began the outside of the house and thought, a couple of weeks and BAAM we'd have siding. As you may know, things are not always how we think they should be at the Pitt. There were a billion repairs to do in the wall itself. And we had to build the wall for the new bay window in the kitchen!!

So we begin with pictures of the plywood palace. Our neighbors must be getting super excited that we are a step closer the real siding:




 We also had to tear down the front steps. They weren't level and water was flowing toward the house. So while I'm at work Bob calls me and says, "We just rented a jackhammer." I'm not going to lie, I was worried. Bob, Dad and the Jackhammer. Who would win?



Dad 1. Steps 0. Bob 0.

Phase II: House Wrap

2 comments:

Reenie said...

excellent. Bob, Dad, and the Jackhammer... nice.

Elizabeth said...

Csop and a jackhammer is just what I needed to see tonight :o)